The Salvation Army is first and foremost a religious institution, where each week members of communities throughout Indiana gather at Salvation Army corps community centers and centers of service to worship on Sunday. Worship programs are also conducted throughout the week.
As the world’s largest non-profit charity organization, The Salvation Army meets the humanitarian needs of people in need, guiding them to physical, mental and spiritual betterment. Throughout the state of Indiana, The Salvation Army exists as a catalyst in helping people change their lives for the better. Each day successful and proven Salvation Army programs assist the homeless, addicted, poor, afflicted, elderly and less-fortunate youth in our community.
Social Service programs provide financial assistance such as rent/mortgage assistance, utilities (electric/water/heat), food, clothing, transportation, and other basic and unique needs to families or individuals in crisis.
For more information on availability of service in your community, visit our contact page.
NOTE: CURRENTLY, WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING ANY APPOINTMENTS FOR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE. PLEASE CHECK BACK WEEKLY TO SEE IF APPOINTMENTS ARE AVAILABLE.
By appointment only. Required documentation includes the following:
- A decision letter (acceptance or denial) from your local township trustees office within the last sixty (60) days (call 211 to find out where your local township trustee’s office is located)
- Valid Picture ID
- Social Security cards for every member in the household
- Copy of your lease or a statement from your landlord
- Proof of Income
- Copies of bills you are seeking assistance for (rent, mortgage, utilities)
- Additional documents may be requested if needed
Please make sure you have all of this documentation before you call to schedule an appointment. Our Community Outreach Coordinator/Caseworker cannot move forward with assisting you if you do not have have all of the required documentation.
Our Community Outreach Coordinator/Caseworker can be reached on ext. 225.