The Angel Tree program’s goal is to provide children ages newborn to 14 years of age with at least one new outfit this Christmas season. Angel Tree tags represent area children whose parents have applied for Christmas assistance. In mid-October volunteers and Salvation Army staff interview families and fill out Angel tags with a child’s information and needs. Angel Tree tags are then distributed to local businesses, organizations, families and individuals. It is your generosity that enables us to provide these children with a warm winter coat, new shoes, a school uniform and / or a new outfit. Children are often part of a larger family and so we ask that rather than buy an abundance of gifts for one child, consider taking additional tags. This will ensure that every child is provided for and siblings receive approximately the same number of gifts. Gifts are returned to The Salvation Army or at designated drop off sites by December 9th. Volunteers and staff distribute your gifts to families in December. The Angel Tree program is helping to provide a Merry Christmas, one child at a time.
Angel Tree Sites
2016 Public Sites
WANE TV- 2915 W State Blvd
Applebee’s – 5414 Meijer Drive & 6525 Lima Road
Chick-Fil-A – 1725 Apple Glen Blvd
Milan Center Feed & Grain Inc – 15402 Doty Road
Sears Glenbrook – 4201 Coldwater Road
Culvers – 6527 West Jefferson
Elevation 138- 7724 Lima Rd
Preferred Auto- 5005 Illinois Rd
2016 Private Sites
Christ Church Fort Wayne
Faegre Baker Daniels LLP
Fort Wayne Orthopedics
Kaiser Tool Company
Lifeway Wesleyan Church
Vibra Hospital of Fort Wayne
Grabil Missionary Church
Ear Nose and Throat Specialists
Dr Timothy Bussick
Shared Services Center
We are always in need of larger child sizes are we finish up Christmas!
If you would like to make monetary donations towards our Angel Tree Program, click HERE
Angel Tree Site Guidelines
- Request the number of children (tags) that you believe you will be able to provide for.
- Provide a tree for the Angel Tree tags, representing area children, to be hung on. If you do not have a room for a tree, you may set up a special display or hand out Angel tags to individuals.
- Help promote the program by positioning the tree / display so we can optimize potential customer participation.
- Inform your staff of the program so they can answer questions or guide inquiring customers to the correct resources.
- If you are a public site, please help to monitor the gift barrels making sure that nothing is removed from them by anyone other than a Salvation Army worker.
- Contact your Salvation Army representative for pick-up of gifts.
- Gifts must be returned to The Salvation Army by the date specified on each tag. (December 9th)
- Gifts should not be wrapped, however wrapping paper, tape or bows may be included. (wrapped gifts will be unwrapped)
If you have any questions about the Angel Tree program please contact
Tim Smith – Social Services Director
260-744-2311 ext 214