The Salvation Army and Marine Corps Reserves Toys for Tots will be taking applications for Christmas assistance on the following dates.
Watch for the 2013 Application Date
Doors will be open from 9:00am to 11:00am and 1:00pm to 3:00pm
Depending on the volume of applicants we may close the doors earlier than the posted times.
The first letter of your last name determines which day you should come for an interview.
The second week is open interviews for any last name.
Translators will only be available on designated date.
We ask that you come on this day regardless of you last name if you need this service.
On any other day, translators must be provided by the applicant.
Interviews will not be performed without a translator.
Applications will only be accepted on the above dates and there will be no exceptions. Individuals must come prepared with the following information or they will not be eligible to receive assistance. Applications will be taken by household. If more than one family is requesting assistance in the same household, they must apply together.
What You Need to Bring
- Photo ID (head of household / applicant)
- Social Security card or ITIN for each member of the household
- Birth Certificates for all children under the age of 18. Custody papers will be required if you are not a birth parent.
- Proof of income for the entire household – Employment, Unemployment, Child Support, SS/SSI/SSDI, etc. *ZERO INCOME* If an individual does not have income they must bring a printout from the unemployment office stating their income for the last 12 months. Proof of any assistance (how you pay rent….) will also be required.
- Child Support – Single parent households must show proof of child support. Proof can be obtained at the Allen County Clerks Office regardless of payment status (even if you have never filed for support). There is no charge for the print out if you show this flyer.
- Proof of assistance for the entire household – Food Stamps, TANF, Housing, etc.
- Proof of expenses for the entire household – Utility bills, lease, rent receipts, phone, cable, medical, etc.
- Clothing sizes for all children ages 0 – 14.
Missing documents will result in denial of an interview!
If you have any questions or concerns about what documentation to bring or afraid you may be missing anything, please contact us at 744-2311 prior to Monday October 8.
Click HERE for a printable flyer.