Operation Cool Breeze
Operation Cool Breeze program attempts to provide fans or air conditioners to those individuals with critical medical conditions aggravated by the heat. Our ability to serve those in need is based on the generous contributions of our community.
How to Donate:
- Donate a new or gently used fan or air conditioner unit
- Drop off your donation Monday – Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm at our 2901 North Clinton Street facility
- Walgreen’s (all locations) will also accept donations of fans or air conditioners on our behalf
- Your donation is tax deductible
Your contribution will help keep an individual cool and comfortable during the summer heat. For many of us we do not think of the heat as being a major challenge, let alone a life and death factor in our daily lives. Yet there are babies, elderly, and critically ill individuals who face life threatening situations when the temperature and humidity are high. Your contributions in the past have helped to impact lives in our community.
How to Receive Assistance:
- See if you qualify for CANI’s program (150% below poverty guidelines)
- Require a note from your doctor stating your medical condition requires a fan or air conditioner
- Complete and application and interview with a social service staff member
- If you received this assistance last year, you will not be eligible this year
- Please contact The Salvation Army for availability
For any additional questions please call 744-2311.