The Salvation Army Tools for School program is designed to provide basic school supplies for children whose parents cannot afford the items necessary for their children to succeed in school. The Salvation Army Tools for School program helps to compensate for some of these basic expenses by supplying children with book bags, notebooks, pens, pencils, etc for students in grades K – 12. This program operates on the charity of the community who donate needed supplies during the summer months along with our partnership with WANE TV and Star 88.3.
How To Donate
Drop off your items in any of the Red Tools for School barrels which can be found at many locations around the community or you can bring you donations to our 2901 North Clinton Street address.
Barrel Locations include the following public and private sites.
2015 Public Sites
To Be Announced
2015 Private Sites
To Be Announced
If you wish to make a monetary gift you can mail your donation to our 2901 North Clinton Street address and make sure you designate it for our Tools for School program.
- Backpacks, Backpacks, Backpacks! This is our highest needed item!
- Notebooks – wide rule and college rule
- Filler Paper – wide rule and college rule
- Kleenex / Tissues
- Pencil Boxes – small enough to fit in a school desk
- Folders – pocket and three prong
- Washable Markers – thin and fat
- Crayons – 24 count boxes
- Pencils and Pens
- Glue Bottles and Glue Sticks
- Dray Erase Markers (black, green, red, blue, purple)
- Composition Books
Other Needs – suggest monetary donations as these items are specific to individual schools and classes
- Pocket Dictionary
- Flash Drives
How To Receive Assistance
Watch for Further Information
For any additional questions please call 260-744-2311.