You can give of your time, talents or treasure to further the mission of The Salvation Army here in Fort Wayne through a variety of ways. We will be happy to discuss any of the following opportunities to assist you to find the best match for you, your family or organization. We are also happy to do speaking engagements for your church or businesses to show what a difference you can make in your own community.
Your monetary donation has the ability to make a difference in our community. Each year The Salvation Army provides services and ministries to thousands of individuals each year. This is only possible through the generosity of donors. Your donations will impact local needs and is tax deductible. The following are ways to donate your monetary gift:
- Send a check to The Salvation Army at 2901 North Clinton Street Fort Wayne IN 46805
- Drop off your monetary donation at our North Clinton Street address
- Donate on line – link in the upper right hand corner of this web-site
- Call to make a credit card donation over the phone at 260-744-2311
Material Donations – Gifts in Kind
The Salvation Army Fort Wayne Corps is happy to accept material gifts that are specifically needed and requested for our programming. These resources have proved to be extremely beneficial to our work and help up keep our costs down. If you would like to make a gift in kind donation, please contact us for more information on items we are currently collecting.
Memorials, Honorary or Program Specific Monetary Donations
- Memorial or honorary gifts should be marked clearly so we know who you wish to honor and a name and address you would like us to send a notice of receiving a gift in their name.
- Program specific gifts should be marked clearly so we know which program you wish to support such as the food pantry, operation cool breeze, tools for school, angel tree, adopt a family, card a teen, disaster services, etc.
Many employers offer matching gift programs to their employees. Check with your employer to see if this is something they offer.
Planned Gifts – Bequests – Wills – Gift Annuities – Trust – Endowments – Insurance Policies – Etc
A thoughtfully planned gift brings the greatest benefit to both you and The Salvation Army. If you wish to learn more click here and you will be directed to The Salvation Army Indiana Division Gift & Estate Planning home page or can call 800-589-1037. If you wish your gift to benefit your local Fort Wayne Salvation Army Corps please make sure you indicate that clearly in your request.
Food Pantry Donations
The Salvation Army Food Pantry serves families with basic food items to help supplement their food supply. Through several partnerships we are able to purchase meat at a greatly reduced cost for families as well as donated bread to provide to families. Material food or personal hygiene donations can be made however all items must be non-perishable, in original containers with unbroken seals and current expiration dates. Monetary donations can also be made by designating “food pantry” on your check.
Volunteers are valuable assets in The Salvation Army’s efforts to meet the changing needs of our community and world. Through their skills and experience our volunteers make significant contributions by positively impacting the lives of those they assist. Salvation Army volunteers change lives, uplift families and support communities. Contact us for more information on how you can help.