The Salvation Army is first and foremost a religious institution, where each week members of communities throughout Indiana gather at Salvation Army corps community centers and centers of service to worship on Sunday. Worship programs are also conducted throughout the week.
As the world’s largest non-profit charity organization, The Salvation Army meets the humanitarian needs of people in need, guiding them to physical, mental and spiritual betterment. Throughout the state of Indiana, the Salvation Army exists as a catalyst in helping people change their lives for the better. Successful and proven Salvation Army programs each day assist the homeless, addicted, poor, afflicted, elderly and less-fortunate youth in our community.
The Salvation Army Fountain Square provides help with the following:
- Spiritual counseling and support for those in need
- Pathway of Hope – one-on-one case management helping clients reach personal goals to self-sustainability and success
- Groceries from our food pantry – open Tuesdays & Thursdays
- Assistance with rent and utilities
- Christmas Assistance
Other Salvation Army services in the city of Indianapolis include:
- Addiction Services (Adult Rehabilitation Center, Harbor Light Center)
- Emergency and Family Transitional Housing (Women & Children’s Center, Barton Center)
- Emergency Disaster Services
To find out more about these city services please click here