The Salvation Army can help with rent up to a certain amount when funds are available. Assistance is available by appointment only – call us to set up your appointment.
The following documentation is required to process assistance requests:
- Your Photo ID
- Proof of all income including food stamp amount (A print out is required for proof of food stamp amount)
- Proof of all expenses (Electric, gas, water, car payment, car insurance, cable, medical, child support, rent, etc.)
- Proof of residency (lease, utility bill, if using mail it must be postmarked within 2 weeks)
- The most recent bill for the assistance request
- The bill must be in the name of an adult living in the household
- The bill must be from the residence where applicant resides
- The bill must be a disconnect notice or actually disconnected
- Re-connection fees and deposits are ineligible
- If applying for rental assistance a lease agreement
Note – All information must be current and original documentation (no copies accepted). No handwritten rent receipts will be accepted (must be an official receipt, money order stub or cancelled check).
All documents are required before an application can be processed. Lack of documentation may cause a delay in assistance.
Funds are first come first serve, and there is no guarantee that funds will be available
Above all, we are here to help! Please, don’t wait until your utilities are turned off or you’re already evicted from your residence. We can help prevent those things from happening!
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to call us!