The residential sub-acute detoxification program provides medical intervention 24-hours a day, seven days a week for individuals who are in acute physical distress as a result of their alcohol or drug abuse. The Detoxification unit is staffed with state licensed and certified nursing personnel and is supervised by a licensed physician.Upon admission to the Detoxification unit, the nursing staff conducts a complete nursing assessment. The physician prescribes a medication regimen for the management of the client’s withdraw symptoms and health risks involved with the detoxification process. The length of stay is between 1-10 days determined by the type of substance used, amount used and the client’s physical condition. Each client receives a clinical assessment in order to link the client with additional services after completion of the Detoxification program.
- A pre-screening call is conducted to determine if medical &/or mental health clearance is needed prior to admission.
- Once cleared for admission to Detox, the client’s health is monitored by licensed/certified nursing staff, under the supervision of a licensed physician.
- A nursing assessment, preliminary treatment plan, health screen and physical examination are conducted within twenty-four (24) hours of admission. Admission to Detox is contingent upon a medical diagnosis of substance abuse and/or dependence, as reflected in the utilization guidelines, which coincide with the Diagnostic Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Volume V, or the presentation of physiological consequences resulting from substance abuse.
Detox Services After Admission
- Medical services
- Pharmacological services
- Basic drug/alcohol education
- Family/collateral contact when clinically indicated
- Visitation arrangements with children when clinically indicated
- Anonymous Meeting Attendance (Narcotics Anonymous, Alcoholics Anonymous, etc.)-(mandatory)
- Case management services related to their addiction
- Thorough assessment of needs and strengths to determine future treatment needs and referrals
- HIV/STD/TB screening completed by the Marion Co. Board of Health