Primarily, people know us at the Harbor Light as those who help people in addiction. Secondly, but more importantly we would like you to know we are a place where people and their families worship and minister.
Mission Statement Harbor Light Center
“We provide a full continuum of Addictions, Transitional Housing, supportive services and spiritual development. The Center is committed to providing the highest quality of care for our consumers. The Center values the staff by our commitment to cultural competency, business ethics, training and development, and best practices in human resource management.”
We invite you to our Sunday Bible Study and Worship Services
- 9:30 a.m. - Sunday Bible Study
- 10:45 a.m. - Sunday Morning Worship Service
- 5:00 p.m. every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday – Bible Study
If you are interested please contact our chaplain’s office at (317) 972-1450 extension 0722 or 0515
Clinical Services Offered
(Please note, Harbor Light Center is a non-smoking facility)
- Detoxification Services
- Provides medical intervention 24-hours a day.
- State licensed and certified.
- Supervised by a licensed physician and a licensed practical nurse.
- No visitors and limited phone calls are allowed during this time due to the risk factor for the consumer.
- Call (317) 972-1450 extension 0503 for a phone interview and to setup an appointment.
- Residential Treatment
- A 14 day program which offers 24 hours supervised living.
- The program consists of educational classes related to chemical dependency, relapse, and recovery skills.
- Designed to teach basic recovery and life management skills.
- Individual, group and spiritual counseling.
- Sunday Family/Friend Visitation is offered beginning with church and ending at 3:00 p.m.
- Outpatient Treatment
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment is 10-15 weeks and utilizes Cognitive Based Therapy, Change Company curriculum, developed specifically for The Salvation Army, and Motivational interviewing.
- Education Classses last for 15 weeks and meet for one hour each week, designed for those in need of basic education about addictions.
- Relapse Prevention is a 10-15 week program and meets once a week for one hour.
- Aftercare is offered one hour a week for up to 20 weeks following IOP.
- ALL program participants are required to take part in 12-step meetings, on-site drug testing, and the family components that are available.
- Transitional Housing
- Provides affordable housing to adult men and women age 18+ who have an issue with substance addiction, gambling, homelessness, or veterans and are in need of temporary housing.
- Each resident receives three meals, snacks, clean linen, access to an on-site computer lab, an employment specialist and 12-step meetings.
- Access to online education training such as GED preparation, College entrance exam preparation, popular computer software and business skills.
- The goal of this program is to provide each individual with an opportunity to have a successful reintegration into the community.
- Gambling Treatment
- The Salvation Army Harbor Light Center offers Gambling treatment in a residential and outpatient setting.
- If you are in need of help please call 317-972-1450 and ask for Ms. Leslie Bates in order to schedule an assessment.
- Preference to treatment admission is given in this priority order:
- A woman who is pregnant and with IV (intravenous) drug use.
- A woman who is pregnant.
- A person with IV drug use.
If a pregnant woman does not receive priority admission to treatment and/or interim services within 48 hours she may call the Consumer Service Line at 1-800-901-1133