The Salvation Army “opened fire” on Warsaw and Kosciusko County in 1921. After various locations the present facility at 501 E. Arthur Street was built in 1957 and the fellowship hall and offices were added in 1979.
Many services have been provided to “others” throughout the years including camping, youth development as well as a food pantry and seasonal outreach for Christmas. The Angel Tree program was started in 1988 providing clothing, toys and food to families and individuals in need.
Most importantly The Salvation Army is a place of worship and service in the name of Jesus Christ. The Salvation Army believes in a wholistic approach to helping others body, mind and spirit.
The Salvation Army in Warsaw is part of an international movement serving in over 100 countries. The vision of William and Catherine Booth, which started on the East End of London in 1865 now goes around the globe. The sun never sets on The Salvation Army flag and its mission:
“The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.”